New York, New York
Day (United States of America)
World-Class Clinical Coding
More than a job, we’re offering the ultimate opportunity for clinical coding professionals. At New York’s #1 hospital (U.S. News), you’ll work closely with top physicians and documentation improvement nurses while employing the unique specialty coding model.
Coder 2 – Ambulatory/Outpatient Surgery
The Coder 2 performs complex diagnostic and procedural coding for ambulatory surgery and outpatient surgery. Utilizing the medical record, you’ll review, abstract and apply appropriate diagnostic coding and APC assignment of outpatient and ambulatory surgery patient records according to coding guidelines as applicable according to patient type.
This position will work Monday – Friday, 9:00am – 5:00pm. This position will be located at our 463 7th Avenue Location.
- Coding Specialist Certified (CCS), Registered Health Info Administrator (RHIA) or Registered Health Info Technician (RHIT)
- College level courses or equivalent in anatomy and physiology, and medical terminology
- Documented evidence of advanced course work in ICD9CM, CPT4, HCPCS and disease process
- Demonstrated one to two year recent progressive ambulatory and outpatient surgery coding experience or an equivalent combination of experience and education
- Must pass skills assessment consisting of a representative sample of ambulatory surgery and outpatient surgery procedures at NYPH required for all promotions/hires
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture of respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, “America’s Best Hospitals 2021-2022.” – U.S.News & World Report
- 2021 “Employees’ Choice Awards: Best Places to Work” – Glassdoor
- 2021 ” Best Workplaces in Health Care & Biopharma” – Fortune
- 2020 “America’s Best Employers in New York State” – Forbes
- 2020 “Working Mother 100 Best Companies” – Working Mother
- 2020 “Best Companies for Multicultural Women” – Working Mother
- 2020 “Best Workplace for Men in Nursing” – American Association for Men in Nursing
Discover why we’re #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.